none
How to implement Group Policy to all users?

Question

• We are running a vbs script in Group Policy Management so that when users log off the script is being utlized. It works on a local system but does not work for all users on domain.

Need to know how to apply this script so that we can send email to all users to log off and log back in so that the script is applied.

Is there anything we need to do in Active Directory or GPO?

Thanks

Nasir.

Wednesday, April 01, 2015 8:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Nasir,

Is the group policy working now? If no, you can use command line in the command promt to gather the group policy RSop report.

You can open the cmd and them type: gpresult /h xx.html (xx here means file name).

And you can post the report here and we can have a look together.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 20, 2015 6:16 AM

All replies

• https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/dd630947.aspx This will help its the same as a local gpo more or less
    Thursday, April 02, 2015 5:58 AM
  • Have a look at the below :

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc781354%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

Devaraj G | Technical solution architect

Thursday, April 02, 2015 1:55 PM
  • Hi Nasir,

Both Alex and Devaraj G provided the very helpful documents that can guide you to create a user log off script for all the users in the domain.

Would you have a try and post us the update? If you have any concern, feel free to post us.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 03, 2015 3:13 AM
  • Dear All,

Thank you for your feedback and kindly accept my apology for not getting back at you. I am very new on this subject and will try to update you in a lay man's understanding.

I have been able to assign the vbs script at both log on / log off and start up / shut down as part of Group Policy Management. The script is also linked with the domain. I have also assigned domain administrator, domain users and domain guest to the script. It runs fine for some users and some computers but not all users / computer within the domain.

I need to know how to apply the script for all domain users / computers? This is causing a lot of problem as I need to uninstall a program for all users in the domain. If you can guide me on how to do this effectively that would be great and appreciated.

Thank you.

Nasir.

Friday, April 03, 2015 3:29 AM
  • Your approach is a little excessive , the same script for startup\shutdown and logon \logoff is rethink that possibly. Ok so if it's linked at the domain then of the users that the script GPO doesn't work provide a gpresult report and post it back. I suspect there maybe some blocked inheritance or possible a share permission issue, for a user that doesn't get the script applied can they browse to the script location on that machine ok whilst logged on?
    Friday, April 03, 2015 7:15 AM
  • Hi Nasir,

Would you please let us know the update about this issue? Are you able to apply the script to the domain now?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Friday, April 10, 2015 2:02 AM
  • Hi Elaine

No it didn't work for all users. We are still working on finding a fix.

Thanks

Friday, April 10, 2015 12:46 PM
  • Hi Nasir,

Additionally, have look at the below TechNet Article, it will be helpful.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/22457.10-common-problems-causing-group-policy-to-not-apply.aspx

Devaraj G | Technical solution architect

Friday, April 10, 2015 12:59 PM
  • Hi Nasir,

Is the group policy working now? If no, you can use command line in the command promt to gather the group policy RSop report.

You can open the cmd and them type: gpresult /h xx.html (xx here means file name).

And you can post the report here and we can have a look together.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Monday, April 20, 2015 6:16 AM