none
VPN error 629 - windows 7 to windows server 2012

Question

• Hey guys

I have configured a VPN connection on my windows server 2012 foundation, but  when I try to establish a vpn connection, it gives me an error "connection failed with error 629 - the connection was finished by the remote computer". Please, could someone help me? 

Thanks in advance!

Monday, November 28, 2016 2:01 PM

All replies

• Hi JulianaWeber,

When you try to make a dial-up connection or a VPN connection on a computer, the error 629 means that the connection was closed by the remote computer or the port was disconnected by the remote machine.

Is your network firewall blocking VPN connections? Port 1723 must be opened and Protocol 47 must be enabled in the firewall configuration settings.

There are few reasons could cause the issue. Please refer to the link below to check.

http://mechatrofice.blogspot.sg/2014/08/fix-error-629-port-disconnected.html

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 2:30 AM
  • The port is open and the protol is enabled. I'm really stuck, I don't know what it could be. Anyway, thanks a lot.
    Tuesday, December 6, 2016 1:12 PM