ActiveX issue with IE 11 in WIN10 RRS feed

• Question

• I am having a .NET 4.5 application. We are also providing one Renderer ActiveX control to use in Internet explorer. This ActiveX control has a functionality (on double click) to open the main application for editing purpose.

***Issue:***
    We are facing an issue with IE 11 version (only in WIN 10 and WIN 8.1), when we double click on the renderer ActiveX control, the application gets opened but we cannot perform a drag/drop operation in that instance (basically we use drag/drop event to move the drawing with in the drawing area).

***Working Scenarios***

- In all Windows 7 machines with IE 11, this is working.

- All newly created WIN 10 machines, this is working (I have installed all the updates in non-working machines too, but still not working).

Stand alone application working fine always.

I strongly feel that some windows updates make this mess, could anyone please guide me how to fix this? Thanks.
    Friday, November 18, 2016 11:16 AM

Answers

All replies

• your problem description sound similar to this: Bug in Internet Explorer that prevents Drag & Drop Operation in Active X Controls
    which describes a workaround for the different behaviour after some security updates for IE.
    • Marked as answer by BKoshy Monday, November 21, 2016 2:13 PM
    Friday, November 18, 2016 1:16 PM
  • Thanks for your reply. I have seen this link, but the IE update mentioned (KB3072633), that is not listed in my machine.
    Friday, November 18, 2016 1:19 PM
  • but did you try the workaround?
    The update might have been superseded by a different one, then the id will be different.
    Friday, November 18, 2016 1:33 PM
  • I can't try the code level changes now and get the build. so couldn't try the workaround.

Yes, you are right. the update might got over written.

Friday, November 18, 2016 1:51 PM
  • Yep, this update has been replace by (KB3139940) and (KB3146706).

Since you cannot check this issue in code level, suggest you contact Provider of the ActiveX or IE developer team to help debug on this issue and find the root cause.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/home?category=iedevelopment

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Unmarked as answer by BKoshy Monday, November 21, 2016 2:13 PM
    Monday, November 21, 2016 2:10 PM
  • Thanks. I will post it in the right group.
    Monday, November 21, 2016 2:13 PM