Client and SCEP deployment - will not deploy over the old client and SCEP (previous install of SCCM 2012) RRS feed

• Question

• I have a few questions, but my most immediate is with SCEP.

Scenario: I work with three buildings. I have a main building, Building 1, and two other buildings, Building 2 and Building 3.

I have three domains, one for each building. Building 1 contains the parent domain, Buildings 2 and 3 have child domains of Building 1.

To test SCCM I installed it at Building 2 (My main office is here, it's convenient). Everything worked great, so I deployed the client and SCEP to a few small collections (of which contained only about 30 computers) to see how this would perform in a production environment. It worked great for a month. Then I got busy with other stuff. I came back to SCCM -

I switched gears and installed SCCM (same version) at Building 1, on the parent domain. I need to deploy the client and SCEP to building 1 and building 3, and I need to redeploy the client and SCEP to building 2.

First off, how should I go about this? Deployment to other computers in Building 2 that were not previously deployed to work great. To deploy to the old deployment computers I went ahead and unassigned the old SCCM from all of my boundary groups. I then deployed the new SCCM client and EP to a test collection (containing 1 previously installed client and EP). Neither reinstalled.

Configuration Manager Properties states under General the new site code. Under the Site tab it also contains the right site. Also, in SCCM it says the client was successfully installed.

SCEP was not reinstalled. In appwiz.cpl it states that it was installed a long time ago (The date from when I installed it with the old SCCM). I figure maybe the new SCCM is going to take over the old SCEP. The answer is no. I try to update my SCEP client and it doesn't work. (SCEP does update on my other buildings and on other computers in Building 2)

EndpointProtectionAgent.log states "EP version 2.2.903.0 is already installed.

Expected Version 2.2.903.0 is exactly same with installed version 2.2.903.0

• Edited by Quincy R Thursday, March 7, 2013 10:44 PM
    Thursday, March 7, 2013 10:39 PM

All replies

• So I bit the bullet. Turned off the old SCCM for good. I uninstalled SCEP on my computer (at campus 2) to see if the new one would reinstall. I won't. My log files are acting like it doesn't even want to install.

Service Startup notification recieved

Endpoint is triggered by CCMTaks Execute.

EP State and Error Code didn't get changed, skip resend state message.

State 1 is NOT changed. Skip update registry value

File C:\\windows\ccmsetup\SCEPInstall.exe version is 2.2.903.0.

Unable to query registry key - means EP client is NOT installed.

AM Policy XML is ready.

I know the client settings are right. I can deploy to Campus 3 without a problem. I can deploy to Campus 2 computers (that were not already installed on by the old sccm) just fine.

What's the deal?

Friday, March 8, 2013 10:39 PM
  • So I bit the bullet. Turned off the old SCCM for good. I uninstalled SCEP on my computer (at campus 2) to see if the new one would reinstall. I won't. My log files are acting like it doesn't even want to install.

Service Startup notification recieved

Endpoint is triggered by CCMTaks Execute.

EP State and Error Code didn't get changed, skip resend state message.

State 1 is NOT changed. Skip update registry value

File C:\\windows\ccmsetup\SCEPInstall.exe version is 2.2.903.0.

Unable to query registry key - means EP client is NOT installed.

AM Policy XML is ready.

I know the client settings are right. I can deploy to Campus 3 without a problem. I can deploy to Campus 2 computers (that were not already installed on by the old sccm) just fine.

What's the deal?

How did you deploy the client?

Rob Marshall | UK | My Blog | WMUG | File CM12 Feedback | CM12 Docs | CM12 Release Notes

Saturday, March 9, 2013 6:30 PM
  • Push.

Right clicked the test computer and installed the client. I chose the middle option, to always install.

Sunday, March 10, 2013 3:42 AM