Trouble installing win 10 on SSD

Question

• Hello

I'm trying to install windows 10 on my SSD and i can't install it on my SSD - when checking why i get this message :

Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu

I have Gigabyte GA-H87M-HD3 

Looked at my bios and everything looks great - I've also formatted the disk with Gparted to NTFS

any advise ? 

Sunday, February 22, 2015 6:44 PM

Answers

• Which one? the "Intel SATA Preinstall driver (For AHCI / RAID Mode)"

it's an EXE file format.....do you mean that i need to install in the disk select Gui? 

the load driver option ? can i load an exe file? 

Hi,

Yeah, you can install the driver through load driver option, please install the driver for test.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 23, 2015 9:43 AM
  • Extract the files with any program that handles archives.  I use 7-Zip.  You then copy the files to a USB thumb drive and insert it in a USB port on the computer you're installing Windows 10.  I think the option for the storage drivers is on the screen with the drives window.
    Monday, February 23, 2015 11:47 AM

All replies

• According to the Gigabyte website your need to put the Install Preinstall Driver on a USB thumb drive and install it during the Windows setup.  You will need the Windows 8.1 driver for this.

The information is found @ http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4517#dl

Sunday, February 22, 2015 8:11 PM

it's an EXE file format.....do you mean that i need to install in the disk select Gui? 

• Edited by OfirAebel Sunday, February 22, 2015 8:21 PM
    Sunday, February 22, 2015 8:21 PM

Hi,

Yeah, you can install the driver through load driver option, please install the driver for test.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 23, 2015 9:43 AM
  • Extract the files with any program that handles archives.  I use 7-Zip.  You then copy the files to a USB thumb drive and insert it in a USB port on the computer you're installing Windows 10.  I think the option for the storage drivers is on the screen with the drives window.
    Monday, February 23, 2015 11:47 AM