none
How to query which project/tasks are using a specific calendar? Project 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• We have a corrupted calendar (in project 2007) that some folks are using on some of their project tasks.   I have created a new calendar that will replace the bad one, but need to query for all projects and their specific tasks that use it...so that i can change the calendar the task(s) are pointing to, then delete the bad calendar.

Which tables/columns can I use in which database in order to identify the specific TASKS within specific projects using a particular calendar?

Thanks

Andy Novak, PMP, MBA
    University of North Texas

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 7:13 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi ANdy,

the following should work on Published DB (I can't find this information in RDB). Since you only need it one, I think you can idnore the "is not supported"?

Projects:
    SELECT     dbo.MSP_CALENDARS.CAL_NAME, dbo.MSP_PROJECTS.PROJ_NAME
    FROM         dbo.MSP_PROJECTS INNER JOIN
                          dbo.MSP_CALENDARS ON dbo.MSP_PROJECTS.CAL_UID = dbo.MSP_CALENDARS.CAL_UID

Tasks:
    SELECT     dbo.MSP_CALENDARS.CAL_NAME, dbo.MSP_PROJECTS.PROJ_NAME, dbo.MSP_TASKS.TASK_NAME
    FROM         dbo.MSP_TASKS INNER JOIN
                          dbo.MSP_CALENDARS ON dbo.MSP_TASKS.TASK_CAL_UID = dbo.MSP_CALENDARS.CAL_UID INNER JOIN
                          dbo.MSP_PROJECTS ON dbo.MSP_TASKS.PROJ_UID = dbo.MSP_PROJECTS.PROJ_UID

Does that help?
    Barbara

Thursday, March 17, 2011 4:54 AM
  • Please DO NOT query the Published database, it's unsuported and you might get in trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Saturday, March 19, 2011 1:13 AM
  • Hi Christophe,

Do you have any other suggestion, given that you do not recommend querrying the Published database to try and find the reference to my corrupted calendars?  Because when I look at all my projects, tasks, and resources, none of them are using the calendards I wish to delete.  So I am really stuck trying to figure out what I should try next.

/Spiro.

\Spiro Theopoulos PMP, MCITP. Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Sunday, June 12, 2011 11:33 AM
  • Hi Spiro,

Gary metioned in another thread that there is a bug regarding calendars: "If you use the calendar once, even if you remove it from all projects, you cannot delete it. As a workaround, rename it DO NOT USE. I hope this is fixed in SP1." (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projserv2010setup/thread/fac71834-01f9-494b-a372-450c6d7e8bfb) Not sure if this fits to your situation?

Barbara

Sunday, June 12, 2011 11:52 AM
  • Hi Barbara!

I have already renamed them to "DO NOT USE".  But I really need/ want to get rid of them because MS Project Professional 2007 gives me an error when I try to baseline from within "some" of my master files.  It's crazy!

/Spiro.

Sunday, June 12, 2011 12:13 PM
  • With the link you provided, I found my answer!!!   ie., The files still have the reference to the corrupted calendar objects in the project file.  I am able to remove them using the organizer. Yuppppppiiiiieeee!!!!!
    Sunday, June 12, 2011 12:30 PM
  • That's fine. So I know at least useful links ;-).

Barbara

Sunday, June 12, 2011 12:44 PM