none
Links will not open RRS feed

• Question

• This is about my laptop. It was fine last night when I shut down and now today I started it and no links will open. I have windows 7, IE10.  If I click on IE, it will open to my home page, I can click on like one of the stories, and it opens but then will do no more, will not go back or open any other link. I try favorites and nothing will work. If I click on like files I have on desktop or whatever, they open fine, but like facebook, favs, google, anything like that will not open. I have att yahoo as my homepage, it is my server. If I click on the mail link to go to email, I just get a white page. I tried typing www.google.com in my address bar and entered and it will do nothing. Anyone know what may be wrong? I have ran malwarebytes full scan and also Microsoft Security Essentials full scan and nothing turns up. They both say no problems found. I have deleted all browsing, temp files, history etc . I have done the properties in My Computer, C:\ , properties, tools, error check. After that ran, still does not work.
    Friday, June 28, 2013 6:30 PM

All replies

• Aren't these help forums? No one answers questions here? I was told to come to this site for help with Windows 7

Monday, July 1, 2013 2:23 AM
  • Hi,

In most cases, this problem caused by 3rd add-ons or other program may prevent IE working correctly. Please try the methods below for test.

1.Reset IE.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

2. Clean boot.

Make a clean boot for test to make sure whether it is because a  program or service caused your problem.

Please refer to the following link for more details.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796?wa=wsignin1.0

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 10:03 AM
  • Well I had a tech come out and fix it. The problem was IE10. removed and installed IE9 and everything worked fine, put 10 back in to see if it was just a d/l glitch but nope still would not work. IE10 is not compatible to some systems. so he put a block on trying to install 10 on it again in updates. Now everything works fine. also installed google chrome for browser for even better performance.
    Tuesday, July 2, 2013 7:08 PM