no sound scheme RRS feed

• Question

• I have NO sound scheme showing in the drop-down, and no system sound.

Win 7 64-bit. Dell Inspiron laptop (which had all sounds until a Windows update).

Unable to restore to an earlier date.

How do I fix this, please ?

Saturday, July 22, 2017 3:25 AM

All replies

• Try check Dell support website and search for model of your Laptop and then install all updates:

http://www.dell.com/support/

Sunday, July 23, 2017 3:49 PM
  • Hi,

More often than not when a device isn't working it is because the driver has become corrupted, please update the driver to the latest version or try compatibility mode and check the result. Re-installing a fresh copy should help.

For help fixing audio or sound problems, try the audio troubleshooter. It might be able to fix audio problems automatically. 

If the link doesn't open the troubleshooter, select the Start button, type Troubleshoot, and then select Troubleshoot from the list of results. Select Playing Audio > Run the troubleshooter.

Fix sound problems

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/a183aa8b-0eac-4566-867a-98d2761a770d/fix-sound-problems

If the problem still persists, I suppose that there might be something wrong with your DELL laptop, you may need to contact manufacturer for further help.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Wednesday, July 26, 2017 6:53 AM
    Monday, July 24, 2017 5:05 AM
  • Done this.
    Wednesday, July 26, 2017 7:04 AM
  • I now believe I have corrupted registry files.

Over and out until I can get local support - with thanks.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 7:04 AM
  • We are looking forward to your good news:)

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 7:16 AM