How I can ristrict my user cannot Uncheck\change "Save IM conversations in my email conversation history folder" option in Skype for business 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• We have a requirement to force every SFB user to save IM in conversation history, This option should be check-in and grayed-out for end users.

The user should not be able to uncheck <"Save IM conversations in my email conversation history folder"> it. What’s the best way to go about it? And that to for Incloud user O365.

I did some research and found below command, however that also didn't helped as it disable the option completely after unchecking the option

Set-CsClientPolicy –Identity <UserName or UPN> –EnableIMAutoArchiving $false –EnableCallLogAutoArchiving $false

Thanks

Monday, February 13, 2017 2:25 PM

Answers

• There is no way we can do this.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Nandan1984 Tuesday, September 5, 2017 3:46 PM
    Tuesday, September 5, 2017 3:46 PM

All replies

• I believe that the best you can do without the archiving role installed is to set -enableIMAutoArchiving $True and -EnableCallLogAutoArchiving $True. Unfortunately this does allow the user to untick either of these boxes. If you need a record of the conversations you should install the archiving role into your environment. Below are some links about planning for and deploying the archiving role.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/dn951419.aspx

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/dn933919.aspx

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, February 14, 2017 7:17 AM
    Monday, February 13, 2017 4:33 PM
  • Thanks for the confirmation! So any logic wherein Admins can't restrict end user making such changes?
    Tuesday, February 14, 2017 2:49 PM
  • I don't believe so. If you can find something clever within GPO to do that (Ive not been able to) you would be the first!
    Tuesday, February 14, 2017 4:01 PM
  • There is no way we can do this.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Nandan1984 Tuesday, September 5, 2017 3:46 PM
    Tuesday, September 5, 2017 3:46 PM