Windows 7 Fax & Scan Delivery Receipt (e-mail address not memorized) RRS feed

• Question

• I have a client with several Windows 7 desktops and an SBS 2003 R2 server.  With Windows XP, when the user sent a fax he/she could request (via the Fax Console) that a delivery receipt be sent to him/her via e-mail.  All the user needed to do was enter his/her e-mail address into the Fax Console wizard.  The wizard would "memorize" the address and the next time the user sent a fax, his/her email address would be pre-filled.

Now, with the Fax and Scan console in Windows 7, the user must enter his/her email address into the delivery receipt section (which is buried in the Tools menu) each and every time he/she sends a fax.  My client is not happy with this situation having used XP for several years.

So, my question is this:  Am I missing something?  Is there by chance a registry key setting that will enable the "memorization" of a user's e-mail address for inclusion on the delivery receipt setup?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide.

-Tim

Thursday, June 2, 2011 5:19 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post.

Based on my research, this is by design. No document indicates that there is a way which can modify it. As a workaround, you may add a contact when you want to deliver the receipt so that you can choose the email address easily next time.

If you find have any inconveniences, as well as suggestions, please submit your feedback to our Product Feedback Team : http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Windows%20%207/Feedback.aspx?formID=195 

Regards,
    Juke
    TechNet Subscriber support in form. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Thursday, June 9, 2011 3:43 AM
    Monday, June 6, 2011 9:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for the post.

Based on my research, this is by design. No document indicates that there is a way which can modify it. As a workaround, you may add a contact when you want to deliver the receipt so that you can choose the email address easily next time.

If you find have any inconveniences, as well as suggestions, please submit your feedback to our Product Feedback Team : http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Windows%20%207/Feedback.aspx?formID=195 

Regards,
    Juke
    TechNet Subscriber support in form. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Thursday, June 9, 2011 3:43 AM
    Monday, June 6, 2011 9:46 AM
  • Hi,

Since this is by design, I will my my reply as anwser. If you have further question about this, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Regards,
    Juke

Thursday, June 9, 2011 3:43 AM