none
Custom Login Page - FBA and Windows Authentication RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a SharePoint site that allows both Forms Based Authentication and Windows Authentication. I wanted to add a "forgot my password" link on the FBA login page, but every time i try to edit the default.aspx file in SharePoint Designer 2013, it breaks the login page and gives me a runtime error, then I have to revert back to my backup of the file.

I have created a custom login page successfully for FBA, but once I applied the custom login page, the option to choose windows authentication is gone. I have been trying to add this code into the login.aspx file located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\Sp.Login.Custom\login.aspx:

"<a href="/_windows/default.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f_layouts%2f15%2fAuthenticate.aspx%3fSo‌​urce%3d%252F&Source=%2F">Windows Login</a>"

This is breaking my login page as well and I have to revert back to the backup of that file.

How can I get a link on the custom login page that links to the windows authentication page?

Nick Townsend Infrastructure Technician

Thursday, March 31, 2016 5:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Nick,

When you try editing your custom login page using SharePoint Designer, the page gets corrupted.

How about editing this page using other text editors? Such as the built-in windows notepad?

Best regards,

Patrick

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 1, 2016 6:15 AM
  • Thank you
    Thursday, July 13, 2017 8:52 PM