none
After receiving Servicing Stack and Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1809 I receive a, "A security package specific error occurred." when trying to connect to remote debugger using VS2010 RRS feed

• Question

•  We are using Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 on the client. When trying to remote debug using Visual Studio 2010 (from client), I receive the error, "Unable to connect to the Microsoft Visual Studio Remote Debugging Monitor name, '..'  A security package specific error occurred."

Now, a colleague of mine recently noticed he was getting this error a month or so ago (and was on Windows 10 version 1809). We have been trying to troubleshoot it using some suggestions we came across, but most date back to 2012 or previous and target hotfixes for Windows XP.  I never had the issue (and I was on a previous version of Windows 10), so meanwhile I would do the remote debugging. Last night I got pushed down the upgrade to version 1809 of Windows 10. I see in the update history Servicing Stack and Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1809 64 based.

What could have changed to now see this error, and what can I do short of uninstalling each update? 

Thank you.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 11:54 AM