Move the skype for business to a different sql server. RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried to move to the new sql server. I ran Set-CsConfigurationStoreLocation  "new SQL server name"

now I cannot update the topology, getting a error mismatch sqldatabase.  

So the Database server is called sql1 it is in a cluster and has SQL Active On, node is running on sql1 the active node is call sqlC. 

How do I clean up this mess.... 

Monday, October 15, 2018 3:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Hanby,

You want to move the SQL DB server from the existing SFB deployment environment to another new SQL database, right?

Please kindly note you will have to move CMS database to a temporary SFB Standard Server before moving to final server. You could not do any topology publishing if CMS is not available, this is necessary for the DB move.

Besides, please make sure the replication changes have been sync to all servers before updating the topology, run the command line “Get-CsManagementStoreReplicationStatus” as admin to check the update status.

Here is an article including clear steps for your reference: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/nexthop/2010/12/20/change-a-pool-database-instance-when-the-pool-hosts-the-central-management-server/

We would suggest you follow the guide when move your database and make sure the configurations are correctly made.

The article describes two moves, first create a standard server to place the CMS database, and then move the Front End database to the new SQL with backup. After that migrate CMS database from standard server to the new SQL server.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 6:38 AM