none
Administrative Time - Category Limit RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Does anyone know if there is any limit to how many categories we can have in 'administrative time' (i.e., Server Settings > under 'Time and Task Management').

I am using Project Online.

Thanks in advance,

\Spiro Theopoulos, Montreal, QC (Canada)

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 1:06 AM

Answers

• Hi Spiro,

I haven't heard of any limits  for the admin activities. I think the limits will come from the user experience more than the application performance and limit. If you have too many lines, the timesheet will become quite unreadable and will be tedious to fill on a weekly basis (micro-management). Note that you can make some admin lines not visible to make the interface lighter and the users can still insert them.

5/10 is a usual range, 15 should be an acceptable limit, mostly for organizations would import the timesheets in their HR system so they need to map admin activities from both systems.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 6:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Spiro,

I haven't heard of any limits  for the admin activities. I think the limits will come from the user experience more than the application performance and limit. If you have too many lines, the timesheet will become quite unreadable and will be tedious to fill on a weekly basis (micro-management). Note that you can make some admin lines not visible to make the interface lighter and the users can still insert them.

5/10 is a usual range, 15 should be an acceptable limit, mostly for organizations would import the timesheets in their HR system so they need to map admin activities from both systems.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 6:20 AM
  • I've had a client that used 260... and they didn't use project schedules.

Not the ideal situation of course. And this was Project Server, not Project Online. That said, I agree with Guillaume I don't know about any limitation here.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 3:12 PM