Facebook app in 1607 build does not logon RRS feed

• General discussion

• Just configured a new Toshiba laptop for my granddaughter's high school work. It upgraded to the new 1607 build. When she tried to use the Microsoft store Facebook app, at the logon it comes back with a error code of 22. O googled the code to no avail.

I tried it at home on Wi-Fi and Starbucks Wi-Fi with same result.

Any thoughts?

Windows 10 home x64

John Lenz

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 5:55 PM

All replies

• Could she access via Facebook website?

Run app troubleshooter and check if it helps. Follow the below link to run app troubleshooter.http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

S.Sengupta, Windows Insider MVP

Saturday, September 10, 2016 11:05 AM
  • Yes, she can access via Edge & Chrome.

I'll have her run the app troubleshooter

John Lenz

Saturday, September 10, 2016 2:12 PM
  • Ran app troubleshooter. It picked p corruption in app store cache & corrected. Rebooted but still get error code 20 when trying to LOGON with good credentials (same to logon in web page).

Any ideas as to why?

John

John Lenz

Friday, September 16, 2016 2:25 PM
  • It seems to be an issue with her account. I tried on her desktop and got error 2 but when I tried on my system, it went through.

Will have to continue to figure this one out.

John Lenz

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 1:41 PM
  • Maybe it is an issue of permission. Where it works the account has administrator status. Where it does not, it is standard. Do the Apps need administrator permission to open?

She has anew laptop with admin rights and the calendar & mail app work. On the family desktop, she is standard and it does not open.

John Lenz

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 10:04 PM
  • I ran the utility FixWin for Windows 10 and that cleared the error.

John Lenz

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 2:53 PM