none
Use download to upgrade VLSC?

Question

• If we have the VLSC ISO for 1511, could we use the "media creation tool" to upgrade our systems?

The company doesn't have access to VLSC anymore, if so I would have gotten the upgraded ISOs. :(

Thanks

Tuesday, May 02, 2017 2:39 AM

Answers

• It's Windows 10 Pro 1511 that we have now. Ok, so we could use the downloaded ISO and upgrade the system to the latest version.

Update: It appears I can download the 1607 and 1703 separately by going to the Win 10 download page and setting browser emulation to a mobile device.

• Edited by nthnu Wednesday, May 17, 2017 1:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by nthnu Wednesday, May 17, 2017 1:26 PM
    Wednesday, May 03, 2017 6:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What’s the Operating System you are using now?
    If you are using Windows 7 or Windows 8, 8.1 and you want to upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise, we should get Windows 10 Volume License firstly. Upgrading with media creation tool is only for Home and Pro version but Enterprise version is not supported.

If you are using Windows 10 version 1511 and you want to upgrade to a higher Windows 10 version, we could update from Windows Update directly(Windows Start\Settings\Windows Update\Check of update).

“The company doesn't have access to VLSC anymore”
    For Volume License, please contact with the VLSC support.
    https://www.microsoft.com/Licensing/servicecenter/Help/Contact.aspx

Bests,
    Joy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 9:45 AM
  • It's Windows 10 Pro 1511 that we have now. Ok, so we could use the downloaded ISO and upgrade the system to the latest version.

Update: It appears I can download the 1607 and 1703 separately by going to the Win 10 download page and setting browser emulation to a mobile device.

• Edited by nthnu Wednesday, May 17, 2017 1:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by nthnu Wednesday, May 17, 2017 1:26 PM
    Wednesday, May 03, 2017 6:26 PM