Change email address with notification email to users who send to the old email address RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a task of changing an existing user emaill from account@email to accounts@email. I have did that under Recipient Configuration > Mailbox > Email Addresses tab.

Now i still need the user to receive emails going to account@ email for maybe a period of 2 mths, but with an auto-response email telling the sender that with effect from XX, account@ email is to be changed to accounts@ email. And the account@ email will be discontinued from XX onwards.

Can i achieve that?

Thanks.

Thursday, October 11, 2012 2:37 AM

Answers

• Why not simply leave both SMTP addresses associated with the mailbox ( set the new one as the Default Reply)  so senders arent disrupted? Sending auto-replies like this is almost guaranteed to annoy legitimate senders , may cause you to miss legitimate message after its removed and possibly land you on a blocked list auto-responding to spoofed spammers.

If want to really do this, then use a hub transport rule if Exchange 2007 and above and  or an Outlook rule and allow auto-replies to the internet. (auto-replies to the internet are a not a good idea again)

• Marked as answer by unt1tl3d Thursday, October 11, 2012 5:07 AM
    Thursday, October 11, 2012 3:18 AM