MDT 2013 update 1 where are the help files RRS feed

• Question

• I am probably posting this in the wrong place because I cannot find the right place in your carefully crafted menu system.

MDT 2013 Update 1 does not contain help files. What gives? This used to be included with MDT which is a relatively small package anyway. So why were the help files not included? It would be so bad if a link to the specific page on Technet  for MDT 2013 update 1 was included, but instead it provides a link to a top level page leaving you to hunt your way through to find the documentation that is appropriate. Sorry your search engines don't work well either. Google found it in seconds though.... LOL

• Moved by Just Karl Monday, January 11, 2016 10:01 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Sunday, January 10, 2016 9:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

As the question is off topic here, I am moving it to the Where is the Forum... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, January 11, 2016 9:55 PM
  • Actually, I am moving this to the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, January 11, 2016 10:00 PM
  • It was decided to put the documentation on technet, so it can be updated easier.
    Probably one reason is that the documentation is a bit behind the builds currently...

Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) Documentation on Technet

• Marked as answer by Ty Glander Tuesday, January 12, 2016 12:38 AM
    Monday, January 11, 2016 10:57 PM
  • I am probably posting this in the wrong place because I cannot find the right place in your carefully crafted menu system.

MDT 2013 Update 1 does not contain help files. What gives? This used to be included with MDT which is a relatively small package anyway. So why were the help files not included? It would be so bad if a link to the specific page on Technet  for MDT 2013 update 1 was included, but instead it provides a link to a top level page leaving you to hunt your way through to find the documentation that is appropriate. Sorry your search engines don't work well either. Google found it in seconds though.... LOL

Umm you just click on the documentation link in in the workbench... 

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 12:38 AM