Calendar permissions confusions! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm just getting to grips with SharePoint - apologies if this is simple but I have searched and cant find the answer! I have managed to create a calendar with 7 event Categories for recording Annual leave, Lieu and medical appointments etc. One of which I want to be private and only visible to a distinct group of people. (medical etc) Tis main calendar is intended ot be acessible only by a group of team leaders.

I have another more public calendar with overlays to view specific categories form this calendar , such as Annual leave and Lieu, but NOT the more private entries.

This works fine. 

However I cannot prevent people who are NOT in the team leaders group from being able to access the main calendar. (not without seemingly breaking the link and being unable to view the data in the public calendar)

Can anyone suggest where I'm going wrong and maybe provide a solution? 

Thanks.

Monday, July 25, 2016 2:33 PM

Answers

• Hi MrReni- I can't think of good solution for what you're trying to accomplish, besides setting item-level permissions, which I don't advise. The only way you could do this is to create a designer workflow so that if subject = medical, then change permissions on the item.

cameron rautmann

Monday, July 25, 2016 2:44 PM
  • Hi MrReni,

Agree with croute1.

I have another thought.

Not sure if it can work, you can try to set permission on the view which used to be added to the calendar overlay..

Best Regards,

CY

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 9:37 AM

All replies

• Hi MrReni- I can't think of good solution for what you're trying to accomplish, besides setting item-level permissions, which I don't advise. The only way you could do this is to create a designer workflow so that if subject = medical, then change permissions on the item.

cameron rautmann

Monday, July 25, 2016 2:44 PM
  • Hi MrReni,

Agree with croute1.

I have another thought.

Not sure if it can work, you can try to set permission on the view which used to be added to the calendar overlay..

Best Regards,

CY

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 9:37 AM