Office 365 offline deployment with MDT RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to deploy office 365 with MDT, without share folders for Source installation.

I can install o365 from an share folder (share folder = SourcePath in the configuration xml).
    If I copy my o365 source files from MDT to the client computer in a folder previously created in a script, it's working.
    If in my o365 configuration xml file, I don't setup an SourcePath or leave it to blank, it's not working, because during the deployement I've got an 17100 error which is for o365 an path error.

Is there an other solution of copying o365 source files to the client computer on local folder before deploy o365??

regards

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 2:03 PM

All replies

• I use a batch file to copy all the files to a temp folder. Then I run the install from there. Since the batch file is launched from MDT, MDT pauses waiting for the install to complete.
    Wednesday, September 21, 2016 8:41 PM
  • I agree with this solution, I've ever tested it.

The point is I think that a the time where ClickToRun is looking for an sourcepath, if the setup.exe is not launched from an clean folder (like an temp folder like you wrote), it's not working.

In MDT when an task is launched, in the log files you can see :

Z:\Applicatio\myscript.ps1 (or a batch..)\ c:\minint\ etc... (or other folder from the client computer)

It's not directly : C:\temp\myscript

I think that the configuration.xml file for clicktorun loosing his mind and must have an clean sourcepath.

you see what I mean?

Finally The only way to deploy o365 on a computer with MDT without using share path, is to copy all files for o365 in an temp folder because of the configuration.xml file. 

In the configuration file, if you don't add the SourcePath parameter or leave it blank, the setup.exe is launched well (from a batch or not, I tested the 2 solutions) , but cannot find his sources...

The need I have for o365 is to deploy an mdt deployment with an offline usb media, so, If I have to copy my o365 sources on the temp folder, I will, but it adds some seconds to the total deploy time..

Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:28 AM