none
MS Project 2010 Integration with Access 2007 front-end/SQL Server 2008 back-end application RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am investigating on possibilities how to integrate MS Project with "Access front-end / Sql Server back-end" application.

Application that I work with has linked tables to Sql server db. This db holds data about different projects on which my team members work on. We wanted to develop some kind of tracking system in this db that would keep track on different milestones, project phases etc. We come up with idea of actuality using MS Project to do  tracking for us, but somehow integrate it with our application so that we can pull out reports from our application or enter data from Access to MS Project and print reports from there. Basically we are not sure how to proceed, but the idea is to use MS Project capabilities to the max.

We have a group of about 20 people that will be using this system and all of them work on different projects. Our reports and estimates should include all running projects.

I would appreciate if anyone could give me some suggestion about what way would be the best or the most appropriate to go with. I hope my problem is clearly described. If you need more info please let me know.

Thank you

Monday, June 6, 2011 4:07 PM

Answers

All replies