Workflow configuration, event criteria question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, a quick question about event criteria in incident workflows in SCSM 2010:

When I set the "Change to" criteria to be something, for example Status = Resolved, is the workflow then triggered every time the incident is updated and the status field equals Resolved, or is it triggered only when the Status field is changed TO Resolved, even if the status was Resolved before? The behaviour is unclear to me.

Sebastian

Thursday, November 24, 2011 11:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Sebastian,

If only the "Change to" critiera is set, the workflow will trigger every time an incident is updated and the status is Resolved (no matter what the status was before).

If you add a critera "Status does not equal Resolved" to the "Changed from" tab, the workflow will trigger only if the incident status was not Resolved before. I believe that this should be recommended in most scenarios.

Have a look here too, to see some information on a bit more complex configurations: http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2010/08/24/workflow-notification-subscription-notequal-criteria.aspx

//Per

Thursday, November 24, 2011 12:04 PM
  • Like Per_SC said 100%

As long as you learn something new every day, the day is not wasted.
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 1:23 PM