Excel 2013 crashes whenever trying to share file as email attachment RRS feed

• Question

• I have observed that on a specific workstation that whenever I try to share a excel spreadsheet as an attachment that Excel will stop responding.  The file will attach and send without issue, but it annoying to have to reopen excel several times a day for the user obviously.

I have already tried installing the hotfix in KB2817349 and I simply get that the hotfix is already installed so that suggested solution I have seen in other threads doesn't appear to apply here.

The crash in the application event viewer is below:

The program EXCEL.EXE version 15.0.4535.1507 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
     Process ID: cf0
     Start Time: 01cf64b237863a50
     Termination Time: 16
     Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\EXCEL.EXE
     Report Id: 8cd5af2a-d0a5-11e3-8f4b-2c44fd0e3379

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 8:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, Excel crashed when you used the specific file.

I recommend we may try the following methods and check if they are helpful:

1. Copy all the content of the specific file to new blank Excel XLSX file to test.

2. If the file is XLS format, try to convert it to XLSX format.

3. Install Office 2013 SP1.

4. Disable the add-ins.

More methods:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2758592/en-us

If the issue still exists, please try to analyze the Event log and dump file. Or you may upload in One Drive and share the link in the thread.

Regards,

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by George123345 Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:34 AM
    Monday, May 5, 2014 1:33 AM