Windows 7 + Office 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a question about Word pinned in de start menu. When floating over the Word shortcut, an recent opened documents menu appears. Is it possible to let this menu show a user defined directory?

Greets,

Leander

Friday, April 9, 2010 9:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Leander,

This is called Jump Lists. Jump Lists on the Start menu give you quick access to the things you use most often. You can customize Jump Lists to include recently opened items, frequently opened items, tasks, or websites, in addition to any items that you've pinned. You can simply right click Start menu, click Properties to customize it.

More reference, please see:

Customize the Start menu

Dale

• Marked as answer by Leander.B Monday, April 12, 2010 4:24 PM
    Monday, April 12, 2010 8:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Leander,

This is called Jump Lists. Jump Lists on the Start menu give you quick access to the things you use most often. You can customize Jump Lists to include recently opened items, frequently opened items, tasks, or websites, in addition to any items that you've pinned. You can simply right click Start menu, click Properties to customize it.

More reference, please see:

Customize the Start menu

Dale

• Marked as answer by Leander.B Monday, April 12, 2010 4:24 PM
    Monday, April 12, 2010 8:53 AM
  • great, thanks. I did not know it is called a jump list. After a search on the internet I found a bunch of apps that does the trick.

Monday, April 12, 2010 4:22 PM