Share calendar from one user to all company RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i have an user named user1 that allready have been shared his calendars to user2 to 5 in full access and user6 to 12 in readonly acces.

I need to share the calendar to other 250 people of my company preserving the permissions of first 12 users.

Which is the best way to automatize this process?

Best Regards

Friday, January 24, 2020 2:13 PM

All replies

• I would create a group with the 250 members, that way you can just add new staff at creation to the same group and automatically get the calendar permissions on new staff.

Then just add the group to the permissions:

Add-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity user1@contoso.com:\Calendar -User groupwith250members@contoso.com -AccessRights Editor(or whatever permissions you want)

Friday, January 24, 2020 2:26 PM
  • HI, your solution is good (thanks) but there is still a one problem. This method does not send the link to users to add the calendar on outlook. How can solve this?
    Friday, January 24, 2020 2:35 PM
  • Hi,

I don´t think there´s a builtin way to easily do that. I would just write up a quick guide with screenshots on how to add it from the Global Address List and email that to everyone.

Monday, January 27, 2020 7:19 AM
  • Hi,

I don´t think there´s a builtin way to easily do that. I would just write up a quick guide with screenshots on how to add it from the Global Address List and email that to everyone.

Unfortunately I need to send the invitation because the calendars that I need to share are secondary. I have a mailbox with 5 calendars to share in addition to the default "Calendar". If I open the calendar from the GAL, I can only add the "Calendar" which is the only one I don't need. For this reason I also need to script the sending of invitations.
    Monday, January 27, 2020 1:58 PM