none
Timesheet Manager approval question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,  

I would appreciate some advise on how to proceed with a Timesheet approval question.  I'm running Project Online.

Currently, Resources are their own Timesheet Managers -- they turn in/approve their Timesheet and then Project Managers approve the project work.    

Desired state:  We want a Timesheet Manager to approves the Timesheet as a whole.  Then, the Project Managers approve the project work.  

To test, I added Timesheet Managers and updated the related field for some test resources.  

Resource turns in their timesheet, and the Timesheet Managers sees the approval in their queue.  The issue is that the Timesheet Manager cannot simply approve -- they see a prompt to select another Timesheet Manager.  I really want to limit this to one Timesheet Manager approval before the work passes on to the Project Managers.

The ideal workflow looks like this:  Team member turns in timesheet > Timesheet Manager approves timesheet > Project Managers approve project time.

Is this possible?  I feel like I missed a configuration somewhere... that, or I missed a fundamental step!

Any guidance most gratefully received!

Monday, May 1, 2017 4:17 PM

Answers

All replies