none
MIM 4.5.X RCDC and Language Pack RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I have a problem with a MIM deployement.

I'm using MIM sync and MIM service with a language pack (French).

I've done the update to the patch 4.5.286 (i was on 4.4.X).

I've updated MIM sync with no problem. The update of MIM Service and the language pack broke my RCDC. I've "successfully" reproduct this problem on a "blank" deployement of MIM 2016 :

• With the default RCDC file and default RCDC Symbol it's working fine (With EN-US and FR language pack)
    • With EN-us language and a modified RCDC file and Modified RCDC Symbol it's working fine
    • With FR Language pack and a modified RCDC with a Modified RCDC Symbol it's not working anymore : I got an error "Missing the definition of Symbol "

Symbol File:

<SymbolResourcePairs>
      <SymbolResourcePair Symbol="test" ResourceString="blablabla"/>
      <SymbolResourcePair Symbol="EditUserPanelCaption" ResourceString="Edit User"/>
      <SymbolResourcePair Symbol="CaptionTabCaption" ResourceString="caption"/>
      <SymbolResourcePair Symbol="BasicInfoTabCaption" ResourceString="General"/>
      <SymbolResourcePair Symbol="BasicInfoTabHelpText" ResourceString="More information"/>
      <SymbolResourcePair Symbol="PhotoPromptForNoValueCaption" ResourceString="No photo specified."/>    
      <SymbolResourcePair Symbol="AllowCaption" ResourceString="Allow"/>
      <SymbolResourcePair Symbol="DenyCaption" ResourceString="Deny"/>
      <SymbolResourcePair Symbol="ControlBasedRASPolicyCaption" ResourceString="Control based on RAS policy"/>
      <SymbolResourcePair Symbol="WorkInfoTabCaption" ResourceString="Work Info"/>
      <SymbolResourcePair Symbol="WorkInfoTabHelpText" ResourceString="More information"/>
    </SymbolResourcePairs>

RCDC File

<my:Control my:Name="FirstName" my:TypeName="UocTextBox" my:Caption="%SYMBOL_test_END%" my:Description=""  my:RightsLevel="{Binding Source=rights, Path=FirstName}">
            <my:Properties>
              <my:Property my:Name="Required" my:Value="{Binding Source=schema, Path=FirstName.Required}"/>
              <my:Property my:Name="Columns" my:Value="34"/>
              <my:Property my:Name="MaxLength" my:Value="128"/>
              <my:Property my:Name="Text" my:Value="{Binding Source=object, Path=FirstName, Mode=TwoWay}"/>
            </my:Properties>
          </my:Control>

I've put the symbol file in all language in the RCDC "configuration for user editing" in the localization tab (Neutral, French, English) 

If someone got any idea ...

Thanks in advance !

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 2:12 PM