none
Sysprep failing because of Windows Update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

MDT deployment is failing because Sysprep is not able to run. When I checked the setupact.log, it says that there are some windows updates and reboot is required. 

Can we avoid this reboot or is there anyway I can disable the Windows Update completely so that no updates are getting installed during deployment in the background. This is stopping my deployment completely.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Please find the error message below.

Expected image state is IMAGE_STATE_GENERALIZE_RESEAL_TO_OOBE, actual image state is IMAGE_STATE_COMPLETE, sysprep did not succeed.

FAILURE ( 6192 ): ERROR - Sysprep did not complete successfully, check C:\windows\system32\sysprep\panther\setupact.log for details

Thanks,

Sourav

Born to Learn

Wednesday, July 18, 2018 5:50 PM

Answers

• Yes.. MDT Task sequence will automatically resume after restart step.
    • Marked as answer by souravdgupta Tuesday, July 24, 2018 12:26 PM
    Monday, July 23, 2018 12:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Sourav,

Few Days back I was also facing the same issue but after rebooting the system. It resolved the issue.

Some of the windows updates are required mandatory reboot. 

Friday, July 20, 2018 11:45 AM
  • Hi Jitesh,

Can you explain the steps that you have done to reboot and then sysprep? Basically I need to know what changes I have to make in MDT.

Thanks,

Sourav

Born to Learn

• Proposed as answer by LawsonT Sunday, July 22, 2018 7:10 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by LawsonT Sunday, July 22, 2018 7:11 PM
    Friday, July 20, 2018 1:55 PM
  • A simple reboot should resolve the issue. If you have updates you do not want installed you can reset windows update. Reboot, rest windows update, disk clean up, delete them items, shutdown, create a snapshot, start, run the sysprep and capture from the deployment share.

Steve

Friday, July 20, 2018 3:41 PM
  • Sourav,

If you were facing that issue while performing the SysPrep. Simply Reboot the machine then start the sysprep again, Issue will resolve.  

Sunday, July 22, 2018 3:44 PM
  • Jitesh,

Can MDT resume automatically after reboot?

Thanks,

Sourav

Born to Learn

Monday, July 23, 2018 9:33 AM
  • Yes.. MDT Task sequence will automatically resume after restart step.
    • Marked as answer by souravdgupta Tuesday, July 24, 2018 12:26 PM
    Monday, July 23, 2018 12:58 PM