none
how do i get my laptop back to when i bought it RRS feed

All replies

• He WEEER,

Most laptops have a recovery partition (usually hidden). I suppose you can get your system back to the state when you bought it. 
    Please refer to a User Manual or search how-to in a manufacturer's web site.
    (when you cannot find it, provide model name and its make name)

Regards,

Ashidacchi -- https://ssl01.rocketnet.jp/hokusosha.com/default.html

Sunday, February 10, 2019 11:19 PM
  • Most pcs have a boot option on pc start-up,dell uses the F12 key,from its menu one can reinstall the OS,also some use the F8 start up,safe mode is one option,but reinstall is another.Owners manual will give details..
    Monday, February 11, 2019 12:56 AM
  • What the others have said, already, is valid.  Would add that, @ this point in time, if you are looking @ rebuilding Windows 7... change to Windows 10, instead.  Take it as timely, 'a golden opportunity' to switch.  Never mind putting it back to factory. Don't spend time & effort that way.  Makes sense to move to 10.

Just trying to save you messing w/ it, the 7.  The focus should be on Win 10.

Cheers,
    Drew 

Drew - IT Pro / MS Partner/Partner Company / Windows Insider / Owner - Computer Issues

• Edited by Drew1903 Monday, February 11, 2019 6:36 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Drew1903 Saturday, March 16, 2019 1:27 AM
    Monday, February 11, 2019 1:12 AM
  • Hi WEEER,

Most laptops have their way to reset. You could contact with your PC manufacturer.

Here is a way for you to reset your PC and remove everything.

Please refer to: Recovery options in Windows 10 for reset your PC.

Best regards,

Yilia 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 11, 2019 5:43 AM
  • Yilia,

Please, note, there is no point referring to the scenario for Windows 10... The OP is asking in regard to Windows 7.  But, all of us are correct... using the Recovery Partition, most laptops have the provision to reset themselves back to Factory.  Manufacture's site OR just searching Bing will tell which F key takes one's specific laptop to "Recovery".

Cheers,
    Drew

Drew - IT Pro / MS Partner/Partner Company / Windows Insider / Owner - Computer Issues

• Proposed as answer by Drew1903 Saturday, March 16, 2019 1:27 AM
    Monday, February 11, 2019 6:41 AM