Why patches break things7lpwnm RRS feed

• Question

• I have a small groups (55 systems) that I manage. We are a part of the University of Florida a huge domain.

Forty of our systems are Windows 7 enterprise.

10 are upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise 1607

3 are clean installs of Windows 10 Enterprise 1607

2 are running Ubuntu 16.04 - Laptops.

The Windows 7 systems are running Office 2013, the Windows 10 systems are Office 2016.

We run Adobe Acrobat Pro X or DC on the systems that are used for scanning. (Xerox Documate 252 or 4440)

Last week all of our systems could 'print' to adobe PDF from the web app in IE.

This week I have two systems (Windows 10 upgrades) that I get "the file handle is invalid' and the pdf is not saved!

The same document in IE web app prints to adobe without complaint on a dozen other systems, 

(Six Windows 7 systems, four of the Windows 10 upgrades,  and two of the clean installs)

I am trying to get everybody upgraded to Windows 10 and Office 2016, but these 'failures' cause user push back.

And getting "Re-install Adobe or re-install all your printers or Re-install everything" as the fix does not help.

And by the way, re-installing crap ware with updates is not winning you any friends.

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 4:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Howard2nd-UF,

Are there any error messages recorded in the Event Viewer(Windows Logs\Applications)?Have you configured the Adobe software as the default program?

According to your description, this issue should be more related to the Adobe software. Please ensure you have got the latest software version. Try to use Microsoft Edge to troubleshoot whether the issue only occurred when we use Internet Explorer 11.
    If the issue only occurred when we use Internet Explorer 11, we could try to reset Internet Explorer 11.
    Tools\Internet Options\Advanced\Reset

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 9, 2016 2:12 AM