XP SP3 X64 Group Policy Preferences RRS feed

• Question

• I am having an issue with all of my Windows XP X64 SP3 clients.   Client Side Extensions are installed (x64).  Group policy applies successfully but Preferences do not.   I have drives being mapped with item level targeting.   This is dependent on User settings and groups. 

On XP X86, Windows 7 X64 machines preferences work like a champ.  I have gotten Userenv's and do not see a problem with the policies. 

Thanks

Robnew 

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 10:04 PM

All replies

•   That cannot be correct. There never was an SP3 for XP x64. XP x64 is based on the Server 2003 code and came out after SP1 for XP x86 was released. The SP1 code was already included, so there were only two SPs for x64. 

Bill
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:58 AM
  • I will check the version when I get back into the office, however they have been fully patched and are at the latest service pack.  I am not here to argue symantecs, just to try and get a resolution to a problem that I am having with all of my 64 bit XP client machines.  

The issue still remains that only these machines are failing, and the only thing that is failing on the group policy processing is GP Preferences.  

Thanks

Robnew

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 1:49 AM
  • I am back in the office and have indeed verified that we are running Windows XP X64 SP2 fully patched.   Group policies are applying, group policy preferences are not.   I get mapped printers, and some IE settings from normal group policy, but do not get the preferences for drive mapping.

I have 3 group policies using preferences

One for IE settings

One for Drive Mappings

One for copying shortcuts to the desktops

The one for IE settings has managed settings for IE as well and those settings are applying so I know that it is reading group policy.   I have also attempted this on a clean install of Windows XP X64 SP2 that is fully patched.   No other programs have been installed.  Still no joy with the preferences.

Thanks

Robnew

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:56 PM