Vista work properly, Windows 7 no, on same hardware RRS feed

• Question

• hi
    on my pc with Vista Home Premium I installed in dual-boot Windows 7 RTM on a dedicated partition. While Vista works perfectly for two years, never a blue screen, never crashes, W7 does not want to work. Gave me now a blue screen error, now another one. Then I tried to install it, leaving only the original Ram removing the RAM added by me, I disconnected the USB stick, and everything worked beautifully. I left the PC on for a whole day installing programs, antivirus, various tools, all ok!
    The day after I entered the second bank of memory and the problems begin: Errors "PCI Express", Pc locked, BSOD frequently. Why with the same hardware Vista is practically perfect and with W7 crashes? I downloaded the drivers from the mainboard site, from the site of the video card, but not useless.

My configuration
    Mainboard Biostar P4M900 M7SE
    CPU Pentium E2160
    two 1gb DDR2 667 MHz
    two hard drives Seagate Sata 250 gb
    one hard disk Seagate Eide 250 gb (for backup files only) 
    Radeon HD 4670 Video Card

Maybe Windows 7 is not yet mature?
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 8:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• Try upgrade the chipset driver of the motherboard. Also we may need to upgrade BIOS.

I found the driver page for the motherboard. There is a new BIOS provided for Windows 7. Chipset driver is updated on 2009/03 but it is not provided for Windows 7. You can test to install in Compatibility Mode.
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 8:56 AM
  • thank for a very quick response!

i had already installed the Chipset driver in Compatibility Mode, but you know how it work...
    i am very sorry for not have seen the new Bios in Biostar site... now i see it.
    i also hope that with the new Bios my Pc will work properly with Vista as it work just now. maybe i'm going to corrupt my machine just for a caprice!!?
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 9:20 AM
  • Try upgrade the chipset driver of the motherboard. Also we may need to upgrade BIOS.

I found the driver page for the motherboard. There is a new BIOS provided for Windows 7. Chipset driver is updated on 2009/03 but it is not provided for Windows 7. You can test to install in Compatibility Mode.

i read carefully on Biostar site about new stuff provided for Windows 7.
    the new tool for Windows 7 is just a "Bios Utility", for upgrade the Bios under Windows system, but the Bios are:
    File Size 524288 Upload Date 2008-03-13
    Description To support FSB 1066 CPU. (with Biostar logo)
    File 4m90m305.bsa
    File Size 524288 Upload Date 2008-02-29
    Description Update BIOS source code. (with Biostar logo)
    File 4m90m220.bsa
    very very old no?
    any suggestion?

i also found a new driver for On-Board Audio, just release for Win7. i don't think it repair the Pci-Express error, but i will try..
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 10:17 AM
  • Hi anjuna

click the link
    http://www.findmysoft.com/drivers/Biostar-P4M900-M7-SE-07-08-03-bios-driver.html

or

http://www.findmysoft.com/drivers/publisher/Biostar/
    select Mainboard Biostar P4M900 M7SE download updated driver 19 jan 2009

click below link to directly on download page

http://www.findmysoft.com/drivers/download-Biostar-P4M900-M7-SE-07-08-02-bios-driver.htm l

hope it helps
    NIKHIL
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 10:48 AM
  • Thank you Nikhil
    but my question is: why findmysoft.com has a new bios for this mainboard and Biostar don't has it?
    is it serious and reliable?
    please answer me... i am very afraid about to crash my ONLY pc
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 11:46 AM

• actually my friend having same motherboard i referred this site  for updating bios it worked.  then we checked it from utility , it shown the the bios is updated one, i am not sure that it works for you or not!

i really don't know why Biostar has not released the updated Bios,
    i think the main board is made to work for vista so they updated with Bios utility for windows 7

thanks for understanding
    NIKHIL
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 3:45 PM