none
Project Assignments and Timesheets in 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• So I have a SharePoint Tasks list that was added to the Project Center in 2013 using the add SharePoint Sites.

I see the tasks in My Site as well as in the Task list itself, but do not see the tasks in any timesheets?

The Task list was brought up in MS Project and published.

Do they not populate in timesheets?

I see them under the Resource Allocations view in the Resource Center.

Jim

• Edited by REJ III Saturday, July 13, 2013 3:21 PM
    Saturday, July 13, 2013 3:20 PM

Answers

• That would make sense that its only EPT projects that populate the Timesheets/My Tasks.

I actually played around with this over the week and came to that same conclusion.

Thxs for your input..........

REJ

• Marked as answer by REJ III Monday, July 15, 2013 6:45 PM
    Monday, July 15, 2013 6:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you try inserting those Tasks to Timesheets?

Also, can you go to the Resource Center, edit the user and check whether the check box "Associate resource with a user account" is checked?

In case not, please edit the user and the check the check box for "Associate resource with a user account" and associate the user with the Domain User account

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, July 15, 2013 1:45 PM
  • Everything is fine with the resource.

Its just the tasks are not available to be able to be added to a Timesheet or My Tasks?

I deleted the project and reenter another SP List/Task and added it in via Project Center.

It was not available on the Timesheet this time either.

I added an EPT SharePoint Task List project and that will show to be added as a row in the timesheets.

So only the SharePoint Tasks list that was added to the Project Center in 2013 using the add SharePoint Sites is not available except for My Site and the site itself.

REJ

Monday, July 15, 2013 1:56 PM
  • REJ,

I believe, the "tasks" and "Timesheets" pages will only show tasks from Enterprise Projects, and not any SharePoint Task list.

I understand why this is confusing because, the SharePoint tasks lists could also been seen in a project schedule format, even if it is not an enterprise project.

The my Tasks is a separate page, which operates based on the Work Management Service, which shows all tasks in one page. It has nothing to do with timesheets.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Monday, July 15, 2013 6:35 PM
  • That would make sense that its only EPT projects that populate the Timesheets/My Tasks.

I actually played around with this over the week and came to that same conclusion.

Thxs for your input..........

REJ

• Marked as answer by REJ III Monday, July 15, 2013 6:45 PM
    Monday, July 15, 2013 6:44 PM