JDE EnterpriseOne Adapter - Can't see Message Context Properties RRS feed

• Question

• We're creating an application in BizTalk Server 2010 where we are calling some master business functions in JDE. In our Orchestration, we need to set some message context properties in the request messages to get the JDE adapter to use a single session for the business function calls. Following the documentation on both TechNet and MSDN, we added a reference to Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapters.JDEProperties.dll in our BizTalk Project. When we try to assign the message context properties, JDE.SessionID and JDE.ReserveSession, in a Message Assignment shape, we do not see the properties from the popup list. When we go ahead and type in the property, the assignment expression is marked as an error. The error states, "identifier 'JDE' does not exist in 'Orchestration_1'; are you missing an assembly reference?".

Am I missing something?

Monday, July 23, 2012 11:29 PM

Answers

• After making a support call to Microsoft, it was determined that the Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapters.JDEProperties.dll was missing the Property Schema. In fact, it's missing everything; there are no exported symbols in it whatsoever. A request has been placed to the Product Group to fix it.
    • Marked as answer by BuckPyland Monday, July 30, 2012 6:07 PM
    Monday, July 30, 2012 6:07 PM

All replies

• To access a context property, you specify one of the available context properties within the J.D. Edwards OneWorld namespace. To read a context property of a message received from a port bound to the Microsoft BizTalk Adapter for J.D. Edwards OneWorld, use the syntax, Message(JDE.Property), in an expression. Refer to J.D. Edwards OneWorld Session Management for a list of properties.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa547620(v=bts.10)

Thanks, Raja MCTS BizTalk Server 2010, MCC If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 3:43 PM
  • Raja, I gathered that from the documentation. Our problem is that in the expression, shown below, in the Message Assignment shape, "JDE" is not recognized. The error message is, as I have already stated, "identifier 'JDE' does not exist in 'Orchestration_1'; are you missing an assembly reference?". "%SystemDrive%\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft BizTalk Adapters for Enterprise Applications\Bin\Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapters.JDEProperties.dll" was added as a reference to the BizTalk Project.

JDE Not Recognized

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:18 PM
  • I am wondering if you typed the JDE.SessionId or if this came up in the Intellisense? If it did not come up in the Intellisense, I would comment out the lines with JDE in the screenshot, build your project, and then come back to this expression and see if the JDE context properties show up in the Intellisense.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Thursday, July 26, 2012 3:49 PM
  • Hi Ben, we tried that very thing last night. No effect.

Thanks,

Buck

Thursday, July 26, 2012 10:19 PM
  • After making a support call to Microsoft, it was determined that the Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapters.JDEProperties.dll was missing the Property Schema. In fact, it's missing everything; there are no exported symbols in it whatsoever. A request has been placed to the Product Group to fix it.
    • Marked as answer by BuckPyland Monday, July 30, 2012 6:07 PM
    Monday, July 30, 2012 6:07 PM
  • Wow, that is a big surprise. Thanks for calling support about this, hope it gets resolved soon.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Monday, July 30, 2012 8:44 PM
  • Wow, that is a big surprise. Thanks for calling support about this, hope it gets resolved soon.

It certainly was a surprise. Apparently at some point between the release of BTS 2009 and 2010, the DLL got hosed. With what little I've been able to find on the web, I guess that either other companies using the adapter are doing something completely different that what we're doing, or we're the only company in the universe using the adapter. :)

The Product Group has rebuilt the DLL and has graciously provided us with a private build for non-production use. We're doing some testing with it today. So far, it looks promising.

The DLL is still going through testing and validation by the Product Group. Until that's done and it's officially released, we can't use it in our production environment. Did I mention we have a scheduled go-live on Monday, August 6? :)

Thanks,

Friday, August 3, 2012 2:07 PM
  • Be sure to communicate your intended production date with the product group (PG). I am guessing you already did.

I would deploy it to production anyway until you get the updated version. I think they are basically recommending not using it in production because they have not fully tested it, etc.

That adapter is definitely on the less frequently used and tested so it is probably a very small group.

Hope your production launch goes well.

Friday, August 3, 2012 3:20 PM