none
Preparing SCCM for ZTI deployments with MDT RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I volunteer at a community center. We have a single server (recently upgraded to SCCM 2012 R2) and 20 workstations (a mix of Win 7 and 8.1). The latest version of MDT 2013 is installed. I had been doing LTI deployments with Server 2012. With SCCM installed, I'd like to now do ZTI

I’m following Technet tutorial Prepare for Zero Touch Installation of Windows 8.1 with CM. I’m having a problem with command syntax as described in the section Configure Active Directory permissions.

• Per tutorial, I downloaded Set-OUPermissions.ps1 script
    • But I keep getting syntax errors when trying to invoke the script. I've invoked it from Powershell ISE with admin privilege. (Script privilege is not the issue. User account CM_JD has also been created. I keep getting syntax errors of the command line I use to invoke the script)

Below is the command example as shown in the Technet tutorial along with a snap shot our specific AD.  I want to invoke the script to change permissions of all workstations contained in the OUs contained within Deployed Computers. What syntax should I use?

Command example from tutorial

Set-Location C:\Setup\Scripts

.\Set-OUPermissions.ps1 -Account CM_JD -TargetOU "OU=Workstations,OU=Computers,OU=Contoso"

Snapshot of our AD

Snapshot of our AD

Sunday, March 20, 2016 7:32 PM

Answers

• Hi

You can just create the correct rights at the OU level by running the delegate control.

Use this guide: https://osddeployment.wordpress.com/2016/03/20/how-to-domain-join-computers-with-delegat-control/

Kind regards
    Per Larsen
    Twitter: @PerLarsen1975 | Blog: osddeployment.wordpress.com
    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Sunday, March 20, 2016 8:24 PM

All replies

• Hi

You can just create the correct rights at the OU level by running the delegate control.

Use this guide: https://osddeployment.wordpress.com/2016/03/20/how-to-domain-join-computers-with-delegat-control/

Kind regards
    Per Larsen
    Twitter: @PerLarsen1975 | Blog: osddeployment.wordpress.com
    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Sunday, March 20, 2016 8:24 PM
  • Thanks for the help! Helpful to know and got me past that step. But I now have a new problem posted HERE

Perhaps you might now that one too. But in any, thanks much for the help. It's a learning experience and much appreciated!

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 8:03 PM