Cannot reply to a reply in this forum RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I posted a question this morning, got a few replies. I want to reply to one of the replies, but when I click on the reply button nothing happens. I am logged in to the forum. Anyone out there in forum land know why?

Peter B.

Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:40 PM

Answers

• This is normal whenever there is a problem accessing the forum website.  It could be Microsoft's host being overloaded, it could be too much traffic on your internet connection route somewhere, etc.  It is absolutely impossible to know exactly what is causing the problem.  I have encountered the same thing occasionally.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by PGopher Sunday, April 28, 2013 1:43 AM
    Saturday, April 27, 2013 5:11 PM

All replies

• There can be issue with the browser. Can you try Chrome or Mozilla or latest IE?

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, April 26, 2013 4:19 AM
  • It seems to be working now. This is from IE10 Windows 7 SP1.

I will keep an eye on it. I will try to respond to the same posting that failed earlier today.

Thanks.

Peter B.

Friday, April 26, 2013 4:19 PM
  • This is normal whenever there is a problem accessing the forum website.  It could be Microsoft's host being overloaded, it could be too much traffic on your internet connection route somewhere, etc.  It is absolutely impossible to know exactly what is causing the problem.  I have encountered the same thing occasionally.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by PGopher Sunday, April 28, 2013 1:43 AM
    Saturday, April 27, 2013 5:11 PM
  • Since I have encountered this problem constantly and this problem is reported repeatedly and I found a solution for my computer, I add it here.

System: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Firefox 23, Internet Explorer 10

I had this problem with Firefox which I usually use. But also Internet Explorer 10 performed that problem. Even the forum support couldn't find an answer. Eventually I reset all Internet Explorer settings (Internet Options>Advanced) and also noticed that Flash Player was not installed for Internet Explorer. As mentioned I usually use Firefox and therefor didn't care much about the Internet Explorer plugins. After also having installed Flash Player plugin the problem with this forum vanished.

With Firefox it is still not possible (unless you install the add-on FireIE :-) to edit and reply in this forum, but with Internet Explorer 10 it works.

I hope this helps others with the same problem.

• Edited by bege10 Thursday, August 29, 2013 10:27 PM
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 9:28 PM