Can Claims username be changed in SharePoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

If a user in a claims authenticated sharpoint 2010 environment gets married, and her email changes from lara.croft@ms.com to something like lara.stark@ms.com, how can I change the username in sharepoint from "i:0#.f|providername|lara.croft@ms.com" to "i:0#.f|providername|lara.stark@ms.com" so that she would be able to log in with the new email as her username using powershell?

Thursday, September 20, 2012 8:16 PM

Answers

• I found the fix.

Run the powershell script after substituting your environment values with the ones here, 

$user = Get-SPUser -web http://mysite.com -Identity "i:0#.f|providername|lara.croft@ms.com"
    Move-SPUser -IgnoreSID -Identity $user -NewAlias "i:0#.f|providername|lara.stark@ms.com"

Then go to the aspnet_db where your forms based authenticated users are and open the aspnet_users table and search for your user and replace the "lara.croft@ms.com" with "lara.stark@ms.com" (substitute according to your environment).

The last step would be to go to that users my settings page and edit their information there as well(people and groups, the group the user is in and click on their name).

• Edited by Shilezi Friday, September 21, 2012 5:47 PM
    • Marked as answer by Shilezi Friday, September 21, 2012 5:47 PM
    Friday, September 21, 2012 5:46 PM