Unable to enable DEP RRS feed

• Question

• Installed EMET 5.5 to start testing its potential in our environment, but am recieving an error complaining about bitlocker each time i try to change DEP settings.  Bitlocker has never been enabled on this drive.  Any ideas?  So far i've reinstalled run as different admin users, rebooted.  Not seeing any  event log errors pointing to an issue. 

Link to screen shot, i'd embed but i haven't been verified.  http://imgur.com/ujNhV5C 

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 9:23 PM

All replies

• We're seeing similar error messages on Windows 10

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 10:28 PM
  • Do you get this problem on an OS where Bitlocker is not installed ?
    Can you try to install BitLocker and see if this allows to resolve the issue (no need to encrypt any volume - just install the Bitlocker feature using Install-WindowsFeature BitLocker)

Thursday, February 11, 2016 3:19 PM
  • I don't have TPM's enabled on these devices and company policy doesn't allow usb's so Bitlocker is not an option to be enabled on these devises.  
    Tuesday, February 16, 2016 2:54 PM
  • Gary, can you simply install Bitlocker (no need to encrypt your disk(s)) ? I can confirm that this solves the issue on W2K12R2. Which OS are you using ?

Monday, February 22, 2016 8:58 AM
  • I can confirm that installing Bitlocker "solves" this issue, however, this isn't really solving anything but more of a work around. Is there a way to get EMET 5.5 to work as intended on W2012R2 without resorting to hacks?
    Tuesday, June 14, 2016 4:47 PM