Undeliverable emails only from Outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have recently noticed that the mails from Outlook 2016 to internal as external recipients are bouncing back with the following failure message. However No issues in receiving mails at Outlook 2016.

/O=IP2U/OU=EXCHANGE
    ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP (FYDIBOHF23XAQMT)/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=GARY

#MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=local/DC=IP2U:MAILBOX03[578:0x000004DC:0x0000001D]
    #EX#<o:p></o:p>

I am able to send/receive emails using Outlook web app as well as Exchange ActiveSync configured on my smart phone.

Hence I believe there is something to do with Outlook. I was earlier using Outlook 2013 and recently upgraded to Outlook 2016 ( with the latest April 2016 update). Still the issue is same.

Tried with recreating profiles on multiple occasions. No luck. Cleared the auto complete cache from Outlook options. Still its not working.

Can anyone please help me with your guidance?

For information. I'm using Windows 8.1 along with Office 2016 64 bit and the Exchange Server is 2010 SP3 RU8

Thanking you,

Sunday, April 17, 2016 11:51 AM

Answers

• Hi Winnie,

None of the mentioned options helped me out here. Have recreated new windows profile which resolved the issue.

Thanks for your guidance.

Regards

Deiva

• Marked as answer by PRAVAR Monday, April 25, 2016 5:18 AM
    Monday, April 25, 2016 5:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please confirm if the issue only occurred when you sent to specific recipients or happened to all outgoing messages (all recipients) from Outlook 2016.

If the issue only happens to specific recipients, please confirm if these users are hidden from GAL in server side. Please add X500 (LegacyExchangeDN) address in Exchange server for these specific recipients. Please use Outlook in Online mode to send test messages.

If the issue persists, start Outlook 2016 in safe mode to send test message and confirm if the message can be sent successfully or not. If possible, please provide complete NDR (Non-Delivery Reports) message here for further troubleshooting.

Regards,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 18, 2016 6:16 AM
  • The issue is noticed for all recipients. I have tried the following to troubleshoot this issue further.

1) Checked with Outlook Web App and Exchange ActiveSync configured on my smartphone. It works perfectly. No issues.

2) It works from the Outlook installed on the other system for the same user.

3) It works perfectly for the same user in Outlook on the affected system with another user's windows profile.

Hence, I assume that the issue is related to the particular user's windows profile and not with Outlook or with Exchange.

Is there anyway to fix this issue without recreating the profile? Because the other apps are working fine including Outlook except this sending issue.

Appreciate any expert guidance

Monday, April 18, 2016 6:32 AM
  • Hi,

I noticed that the issue doesn't happen when you use a new Windows profile for this account. If you decide that you do not want to use the new Windows profile, you can try to locate the specific user data that is causing the problem. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Close Outlook if it is running.
    2. Start Registry Editor.
    3. Browse to the following registry location:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\x.0
    4. Rename this key to \x.0-old
    Note: x.0 in the above registry key represents 14.0 for Outlook 2010, 15.0 for Outlook 2013, 16.0 for Outlook 2016.
    5. Restart Outlook.

After you do this, Outlook performs a new first-run start. Therefore, Outlook should prompt you for your user name and your initials again. Confirm if the issue continues.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Monday, April 18, 2016 7:05 AM
  • Hi,

Tried the above by renaming 16.0 to 16.X. No luck. The issue is still there. Surprisingly there is no other issue either with Outlook or any other applications.

Any further thought on this? Thanks

Monday, April 18, 2016 7:13 AM
  • Outlook being very slow in collecting your email 
    -Messages ending up stuck in your Outbox (also see below) 
    -Messages being sent but never received 
    -Sending or receiving blank messages 
    -General message corruption
    Monday, April 18, 2016 7:27 AM
  • Hi PRAVAR,

If the issue persists after you rename the \16.0 registry key, we recommended that you restore the registry. To do this, follow these steps:
    a. Close Outlook if Outlook is running.
    b. Start Registry Editor.
    c. Browse to the following registry location:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0
    d. Rename this key to \16.0-new
    e. Rename the \16.0-old key to \16.0.

Currently, the issue is narrowed down to the user Windows Profile. Please install and use the Microsoft Office Configuration Analyzer Tool to analyze Microsoft Office programs for known configurations that may cause problems:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/2812744

Additionally, please rename HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office-old folder within this profile, then restart computer and restart Outlook. 

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Monday, April 18, 2016 8:02 AM
  • Hi Winnie,

None of the mentioned options helped me out here. Have recreated new windows profile which resolved the issue.

Thanks for your guidance.

Regards

Deiva

• Marked as answer by PRAVAR Monday, April 25, 2016 5:18 AM
    Monday, April 25, 2016 5:17 AM