Bluescreen (even when booting from install DVD) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I've recently bought a Fujitsu Siemens T4220 and everything was fine until I experienced a blue screen today. I had been watching a training DVD ROM (which was paused) and had left the notebook alone for about two hours. When I returned, there was a blue screen with the following error message:

0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x8E883BA3, 0x8B67F4A4, 0x8B67F1A0)

I tried to restart the notebook (in repair mode, safe mode, normal mode etc.) but the blue screen was always there. Safe mode froze while loading "crcdisk".
    When I wanted to boot from my system DVD, there was the same blue screen, so I think that it has something to do with my hardware.
    I reset my BIOS and disabled every not-necessary device (via the BIOS). The problem might have something do with my RAM: I've got 4 GB RAM installed (Kingston) - instead of the 1 GB that was preinstalled. During the very first boot (with the preinstalled OS) the hard drive LED indicated that it was working constantly and Windows didn't start for about half an hour. Two days later, I made a clean install with my own Vista Ultimate because the system didn't boot at all (the screen went black after the initial BIOS phase, the hard drive LED was on and nothing happened). Might the hard drive cause this problem as well?

Some additional hardware information:
    chipset: Intel 965GM (Santa Rosa)
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHz (T7300)

Has anyone got an idea what the cause for all this could be? Thank you very much!
    Friday, December 14, 2007 9:36 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thanks for your post!

Please understand that to troubleshoot the blue screen issues, we usually need to perform debugging. However, in this forum, we do not provide debugging support. If you would like to perform debugging, please contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS).

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request, please refer to the website listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US,  please refer to http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

However, based on my experience, if computer cannot start up even from installation DVD, the problem is very possibly caused by hardware device itself. I highly recommend you to also contact the manufacturer to report this issue.

Your understanding is greatly appreciated. Nice day!

Merry Christmas!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, December 17, 2007 7:52 AM
  • Thank you for your answer. I've reformatted my disk and used a total backup I made a few days ago (the essential partition to erase was actually that with the shadow copies - deleting the system partition wasn't sufficient) - now everything works fine again. But I assume the error is repeatable, so I'll try to reproduce it once I've got some time (and a fresh backup ^^).

Merry Christmas to you as well

• Edited by rlnd Wednesday, May 4, 2011 12:36 AM
    Monday, December 17, 2007 10:04 AM

All replies

• I've got some additional information:

Maybe the problem was caused by the backup service (which is scheduled to start every day on 7 p.m. - which was right before I experienced the blue screen).
    I booted from a BartPE CD (based on Windows XP) and there were no problems. I ran chkdsk on all partitions and no errors could be found. So I think that probably Vista tries to access the backup files in every mode. Is there a way to disable this behaviour? Or is it possible to delete those backup files?

Thanks
    Saturday, December 15, 2007 11:01 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for your post!

Please understand that to troubleshoot the blue screen issues, we usually need to perform debugging. However, in this forum, we do not provide debugging support. If you would like to perform debugging, please contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS).

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request, please refer to the website listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US,  please refer to http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

However, based on my experience, if computer cannot start up even from installation DVD, the problem is very possibly caused by hardware device itself. I highly recommend you to also contact the manufacturer to report this issue.

Your understanding is greatly appreciated. Nice day!

Merry Christmas!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Monday, December 17, 2007 7:52 AM
  • Thank you for your answer. I've reformatted my disk and used a total backup I made a few days ago (the essential partition to erase was actually that with the shadow copies - deleting the system partition wasn't sufficient) - now everything works fine again. But I assume the error is repeatable, so I'll try to reproduce it once I've got some time (and a fresh backup ^^).

Merry Christmas to you as well

• Edited by rlnd Wednesday, May 4, 2011 12:36 AM
    Monday, December 17, 2007 10:04 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for your sharing!

I’m happy to hear that you’ve solved the problem. Please make a full scan using anti-virus software and remove the scheduled task suspected.

If there is anything more I can help you. Please feel free to let me know, I’m happy to be of further assistance!

Have a nice day! Merry Christmas!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Monday, December 17, 2007 10:21 AM