Junk folder Missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using outlook-2016 in my environment. My Junk Folder is move into the contacts suddenly and there also in that folder I am getting mails. But I am able to see Junk Folder in OWA App.

Is there is any way, so that I can use it normally as I was.

Regards,

Shashank

shashank saxena

Friday, January 26, 2018 5:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Shashank,

From the description, the Junk folder was somehow moved under the Contacts folder, correct?

Which type of email account do you use? Exchange, IMAP or POP3?

Please first try starting Outlook with /resetfolders switch to see whether it helps. To do this, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /resetfolders and hit Enter.

If above doesn't work, we can also try using the MFCMAPI tool to delete the Junk folder under Contacts, and then run above command again to recreate the folder to see the result.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, February 2, 2018 2:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Shanky94 Sunday, February 11, 2018 6:29 AM
    Monday, January 29, 2018 5:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Shashank,

From the description, the Junk folder was somehow moved under the Contacts folder, correct?

Which type of email account do you use? Exchange, IMAP or POP3?

Please first try starting Outlook with /resetfolders switch to see whether it helps. To do this, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /resetfolders and hit Enter.

If above doesn't work, we can also try using the MFCMAPI tool to delete the Junk folder under Contacts, and then run above command again to recreate the folder to see the result.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, February 2, 2018 2:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Shanky94 Sunday, February 11, 2018 6:29 AM
    Monday, January 29, 2018 5:58 AM
  • Hi Shashank,

How is everything going now? Is this issue fixed now?

Regards,

Steve Fan

Friday, February 2, 2018 2:02 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Shashank

shashank saxena

Sunday, February 11, 2018 6:30 AM
  • Thanks for the answer! I was viewing Junk Mail and sneezed.....and then there was no Junk Mail folder. I must have pressed keys on the trackball involuntarily and moved the folder, but I still don't know where "to". Thankfully all I needed to do was  run "outlook /resetfolders" as you suggested and then add the folder to Favorites, then it was as if it never happened! Thanks Again!
    Tuesday, March 27, 2018 12:28 PM