none
Other Project and Commitments RRS feed

• Question

• Can I ask help to figure out and recall if this is a bug or normal behavior...

With regards to "Other Project and Commitments" shown in the Resource Usage view in MS Pro Professional (when we select "Load Summary Resource Assignements" when connecting e.g., to a Project-Online account), is it normal that the "Other Project and Commitments" shown are not updated when clicking "Save"?  I thought that upon a save operation, that the "Other Project and Commitments" gets refreshed (i.e., pulling in the latest externally published assignment data unto our active file).  I thought I remember this being the case in the past.  Perhaps my memory is failing me.  let me know.

the only way that "Other Project and Commitments" refreshes or is updated is if I close and open the file.  Is this normal?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards, 

\Spiro Theopoulos, Montreal, QC (Canada)

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 4:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Spiro,

Indeed this is the normal behavior. There is no mechanism to retrieve updated data on "other projects and commitments" upon saving/publish operation. The data is loaded while opening the project, so you have to close and reopen the project to have up-to-date data, assuming data has been updated in the meantime.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Thursday, October 4, 2018 11:39 AM