none
Created Account in MIM erroring out on Sync - Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.FunctionEvaluationException: Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have setup MIM 2016 and all AD users and Groups have been imported into MIM. 

I am trying to create a Contractor Workflow and when I run the MIMMA I get the following error.

Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.FunctionEvaluationException: Error encountered during evaluation of Sync Rule: 'ActiveDirectorySponseredUsers'. Details: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.FunctionLibrary.AttributeFlowMappingHandler.ExecuteOutboundTransformation(CSEntry csentry, MVEntry mventry, String strSyncRuleGuid, String xmlExpression, String workflowParameterTypes, String workflowParameterValues)

I have dn set 

Please let me know if you need any other information.  Thank you in Advanced.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 10:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

One of your Sync rules is using Functions / Custom Expressions and is referring to an attribute that is null / not set.

Check your rules and the values of the attributes for the object you're trying to sync. One of the attributes will be null.

Br

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 7:30 AM
  • Leo,

yes I am using the CN="+displayName+",OU=MIMObjects,DC=Domain,DC=org=>dn .  This is the only Custom Expression that I am using.  How can I check the current Value?

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 3:29 PM
  • Hi,

You can view the user in the MIM Sync Manager (miisclient).

Search for user in the MetaVerse tab and view the MV attributes.

Probably the displayName attribute is blank.

Br,

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Thursday, September 12, 2019 8:12 AM
  • Leo,

The Account never gets created in the MetaVerse.  I do a MetaVerse Search for the user name and it doesn't return any values.  When I look at the Connector Space Object  is the MA Run all of the New Values are filled in Correctly?

Thursday, September 12, 2019 2:46 PM
  • If you've imported the users from AD with a sync rule that has 'Create in the FIM Service' ticked if the relationship criteria isnt met, then the user objects will be created in the Metaverse before they are exported to MIM.  Find the object in the AD connector space, open the properties and the click Preview.  Run a Full Sync in preview mode and read through the results.  You should be able to see the object properties that will be written to the metaverse and also the source object details.  I suspect that you will see an error on the connector update for the MIM Service.  Check the precedence of the displayName attribute in the MV.  If you're importing initially from AD, the precedence should be AD first.

Rob

Monday, September 23, 2019 2:53 PM