none
Bug when Deploying elements RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a problem using Dashboard Designer...

When I'm trying to deploy my dashboard, the software gives me an error indicating that some elements need to be published... so i click in the "Publish All" button but another error message indicates that no elements need to be published... (which seems to be a bit stupid... or maybe I am... Smile ).

So I have to published ALL elements (indicators, data sources, KPIs, scorecards, dashboards) to be able to publish my work...

Did you experiment this ? How can you fix it ?

Thanks in advance...

Alexis

Thursday, September 4, 2008 3:41 PM

Answers

• Click on the Mark Difference button in the Home tab and then say publish all..It will solve your problem.

Mark Difference marks the difference between the elements at your workplace and at the server.

Regards,

Rohit Kapoor

Friday, September 5, 2008 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

even i have come across this problem many times. When i try to publish all it gives me "no items require publishing or synchronization with the server" and when i try to preview the dashboard it says "some or more items in the server requires publishing". I feel its a bug !! so i published each and every item in the dashboard designer(including datasource,indicators,reports,KPI,dashboard etc) before i preview the dashboard. I think in PPS SP1 this might solve the issue!!
    Friday, September 5, 2008 6:18 AM
  • Click on the Mark Difference button in the Home tab and then say publish all..It will solve your problem.

Mark Difference marks the difference between the elements at your workplace and at the server.

Regards,

Rohit Kapoor

Friday, September 5, 2008 6:55 AM
  • Thank you Rohit for your help. Your answer gives a nice way to solve that problem even if I think we can still consider that it is a bug...

Friday, September 5, 2008 1:22 PM