none
PreReq for version 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• hi All,
    Using the GPO in our domain and reading the prereq for the installation of the version 4.0, it is mentionned that we have to enter the ip address of the machine which run the MAP inventory into the field "Unsollicited Incoming Message from"
    This have to be done for the policies "Computer Configuration - Admin templates - Network - Network Connections - Windows Firewall - Domain Profile - Windows Firewall : Allow remote administration exception" and "..... - Windows Firewall : Allow File and Printer sharing exception".
    Doing these, I have mentionned 2 things :
    1/. no more C$ of any machines cannot be contact
    2/. Resultant Set of Policy does not work any more (no machines can be contacted)

I've tried to put "*" in the "Unsollicited Incoming Message from" zone but ,no way, it does not work anymore

As I erase the content of the "Unsollicited Incoming Message from" from "Windows Firewall : Allow File and Printer sharing exception" , C$ of machine can be contacted
    As I erase the content of the "Unsollicited Incoming Message from" from "Windows Firewall : Allow remote administration exception", "Resultant Set of Policy" is working.
    ... and of course, in the 2 cases, MAP cannot contact any machine of the domain.

Strange ...
    Any idea ??

thanks for your help
    Monday, December 21, 2009 1:01 PM