locked
Exchange 2010 OWA Search only returns 2 days worth RRS feed

  • Question

  • Just today, I've had some users complain that when searching in OWA, it only returns result from 2 days ago or newer.  I confirmed this with my mailbox and others.  When I search in Outlook, it shows lots of results.

    I can't find any errors on the server, and I've restarted the exchange search service.  I've also run the cmdlet Test-ExchangeSearch and it said it was working.

    I'm running Exchange 2010 SP1 update 1 on Server 2008 R2 Standard.

    Wednesday, December 8, 2010 11:43 PM

Answers

All replies

  • Hi Stephen,

    Do you mean all users have the search problem?

    Did you search results both in Outlook cached mode and online mode?

    If it is possible, please restart the Exchange server to test.

    Please also run the EXBPA in the Toolbox.

    Seems like you have already followed the link to troubleshoot the issue:

    Diagnose Exchange Search Issues

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123701.aspx

    Frank Wang

    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com   


    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, December 10, 2010 2:28 AM
  • I have fixed the search.  I found a different technet article which I can't locate now, but this link shows the steps: http://msexchangegeek.com/2009/09/09/how-to-manually-rebuild-the-full-text-index-catalog/

    The old catalog folder was 150MB.  I stopped the search index service, then deleted the folder.  I then restarted the search service.  It recreated the catalog folder.  A few hours later, the directory was 4.35GB, and now searching work as it should.

    • Marked as answer by Stephen Olsen1 Friday, December 10, 2010 8:53 PM
    Friday, December 10, 2010 8:53 PM