none
How to put Linear meter in Resource Sheet and Track the Project RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on a project in which we have paid a lump sum amount to contractor e.g 1 Million SAR to finish project. The work he has to preform is to install laboratory furniture. The measurement units are Linear meter (LM) of wood case. The quantities are also defined in the PO. For example

Work                                          Unit              Quantity              Unit Price               Total Price                                        

Installation of work bench            LM                  25.66                  350 SR                  8,981.00

I am confuse how to make a resource sheet on MS Project 2013. Because if I took work than it is asking standard rates and I don't know how I am going to put the Linear meter in Resource sheet because whole of my project based on Linear meters.

Please help.

Kamran

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:17 AM

All replies

• Kamran

Consider using a Material resource.  Using your example the Type would Be "Material", Material Label would be LM (i.e. Units) and the Standard Rate would be 350 SR.

Hope this helps

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 1:41 PM
  • Hi Kamran,

As Mike said, creating a material solution is the solution for you:

In the resource sheet, define it like this: Type will be material, label will be LM (ie unit) and the standard rate will be 350 SAR ($ in my screenshot).

Then in your Gantt chart, it will look like this (sorry it is in french): you'll assign the material resource on a task, then enter 25.66 in the units and the cost will be calculated accordingly based on the standard rate.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 2:03 PM
  • Kamran

Consider using a Material resource.  Using your example the Type would Be "Material", Material Label would be LM (i.e. Units) and the Standard Rate would be 350 SR.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply. I will do the way you guys advise me
    Thursday, February 27, 2014 2:06 PM
  • Dear

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. Definitely it is worth of information for me.

I will be back with the update what happened when I map it completely

Regards

Thursday, February 27, 2014 2:08 PM