Files Missing From VFS RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to sequensing and I'm having a problem.  When sequencing the application I have two problems.  I am sequencing everything to the Q: drive.  This application puts a lot of files in the Common Files directory so I changed the registry to point the common files folder to the Q drive and not the c: .  Here are my issues.

1.  When sequencing the application everything runs fine, but when I stop monitoring all registry entries get stripped out of the Windows registry and the application even stops working locally.

2.  THE VFS is not picking up any of the files, it's just picking up icon shortcuts.

I am running  Sequencer 4.1.1.303, with all default installation options.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 8:44 PM

Answers

• You might not actually have a problem.  After sequencing, the application is intended to be used natively because it’s install state (including registry keys) has been captured by the Sequencer for inclusion in the package.  This is expected.

Also, the only things that get added to the VFS are those that are outside the selected install directory.  So in your case, you install to a Q-based path and only shortcuts get created outside that.  These are correctly picked up.

Have you tried the package on the client?

/Chris

Friday, March 21, 2008 1:53 AM

All replies

• You might not actually have a problem.  After sequencing, the application is intended to be used natively because it’s install state (including registry keys) has been captured by the Sequencer for inclusion in the package.  This is expected.

Also, the only things that get added to the VFS are those that are outside the selected install directory.  So in your case, you install to a Q-based path and only shortcuts get created outside that.  These are correctly picked up.

Have you tried the package on the client?

/Chris

Friday, March 21, 2008 1:53 AM
  • Thank you Chris...  I have been getting the errors on the client, but I'm going to resequence with best practises.  Thank you for your response.  I'll try and post questions after reading my documenation

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 4:29 PM
  •  George Tar wrote:

Thank you Chris...  I have been getting the errors on the client, but I'm going to resequence with best practises.  Thank you for your response.  I'll try and post questions after reading my documenation

George,

What kind of errors are you experiencing on the client for this package?

/Kalle

Thursday, March 27, 2008 11:39 AM