Call of Duty 2 at Windows 7(build 7100) 32-bit RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all. I have a problem, about Call of Duty 2(Not a punkbuster fault). I was playing this game at Windows XP Service Pack 2. But at Windows 7, I can't play it. When I click the "Call of Duty 2 Multiplayer" .exe, PC tries to open the game, but after the game's logo shows itself; the screen becomes black. But, the game isn't opening(After the black screen, it's going to desktop; without any fault). I tried all of the compability modes, I ran it at administrator mode. But nothing happens.I have played "Prototype" the game; perfectly, at Windows 7. What can I do, to play this game ? I search everywhere, but I found nothing. Thank you , for your help. Best regards. :)

Note : My system's specifications are;

*Motherboard : Gigabyte P35-S3G
    *Processor : Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.4 GHz
    *Display Card : Sapphire HD3870 512 MB - 256 bit
    *Memory : Kingston 2 GB DDR2 Ram.
    *DirectX Version : 11(This part is from dxdiag.exe)
    • Edited by Aiz3n00 Saturday, July 18, 2009 2:38 PM
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 1:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting.

Based on my research, I would like to suggest the following:

Upgrade your Graphics card driver.

You can get the latest ATI driver here:

ATI Catalyst™ 9.6 Suite for Windows 7 (32-bit)

ATI Catalyst™ 9.6 Suite for Windows 7 (64 bit)

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Meanwhile, you can also run Windows Update to get the device drivers.

If the issue persists, please also check if there is a update for this game and you can contact the support of this game by clicking the “Contact Support” link on the bottom of Call of Duty site to check if this game is compatible with Windows 7 and see if they have some constructive suggestions on this.

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Hope this helps.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:01 AM
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 9:58 AM

All replies

• Please , help me. =(
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 7:39 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting.

Based on my research, I would like to suggest the following:

Upgrade your Graphics card driver.

You can get the latest ATI driver here:

ATI Catalyst™ 9.6 Suite for Windows 7 (32-bit)

ATI Catalyst™ 9.6 Suite for Windows 7 (64 bit)

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Meanwhile, you can also run Windows Update to get the device drivers.

If the issue persists, please also check if there is a update for this game and you can contact the support of this game by clicking the “Contact Support” link on the bottom of Call of Duty site to check if this game is compatible with Windows 7 and see if they have some constructive suggestions on this.

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Hope this helps.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:01 AM
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 9:58 AM