Sharepoint/SSRS: The full path must be less than 260 characters long RRS feed

• Question

• Question: I setup a dual server Sharepoint deployment with SSRS and now I keep getting the error like the one below when I try to save a report or a datasource on the server:

The path of the item 'http://intranet/sharepoint/CompanyReports/MyReports' is not valid. The full path must be less than 260 characters long; other restrictions apply. If the report server is in native mode, the path must start with slash.

I'm looking into permissions but this happens regardless of authentication I select on the client end.
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, May 19, 2011 1:25 PM ssrs = bi (From:SharePoint - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Friday, May 13, 2011 6:15 PM

Answers

• Well, I opened a ticket with MS Support and it turns out the farm servers were not communicating because I made the silly mistake of thinking my two servers were on the same farm, when they weren't.

I have a separate frontend of Sharepoint running on my Reports Server.  And on that server, reports work fine, and I do not get the error above.  We now just need to join the Reports Server to the farm.  We need both servers to be on the -exact- same version of Sharepoint, so I will be doing that tomorrow after we do the standard post-upgrade reboot of the production SQL server.

• Marked as answer by _sotomo_ Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:11 PM
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:11 PM

All replies